The HEARing CRC Board of Directors is supported by five committees (or groups) , these are:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Nominations and Appointments Committee
- Commercialisation Working Group
- Science Advisory Group; and
- Support Members Group.
Finance and Audit Committee
The Finance and Audit Committee oversight the financial operations and affairs of the Company. It oversees the relationship with the external auditor and the process of identification and management of business, commercial and financial risks.
Mr Neville Mitchell is the Chair of this Committee.
Nominations and Appointments Committee
The Nominations and Appointments Committee makes recommendations on the appointment and remuneration of Directors to the HEARing CRC’s and HearWork’s Board. If required, this Committee also assists in the appointment of a Chairman, or CEO, and in making recommendations on their remuneration.
Mr Paul Guthrie is the Chair of this Committee.
Commercialisation Working Group
The Commercialisation Working Group assists in the development of commercial and technology transfer strategy and plans. Ms Jenni Lightowlers (FAL Lawyers) and the CRC Management Team also support the Commericalisation Working Group with its activities.
Science Advisory Group
The Science Advisory Group includes both scientists from the Member organisations and independent scientists with expertise in the relevant disciplines of biomedicine, bioengineering and clinical practice. The group provides expert advice on the programs and projects being undertaken by the HEARing CRC through annual research reviews and as otherwise appropriate.
The position of Chair is currently vacant.
Science Advisory Group Members:
- Prof. Robert Cowan (HEARing CRC)
- Adj/Prof Harvey Dillon (Australian Hearing)
- Prof. Richard Dowell (The University of Melbourne)
- Prof. Louise Hickson (The University of Queensland)
- A/Prof. Catherine McMahon (Macquarie University)
- A/Prof. Jim Patrick (Cochlear Ltd)
- Prof. Bronya Keats (The Australian National University)
- Prof. Linda Hood (Vanderbilt University).
Support Members Group
The Support Members Group will provide a forum in which Support Members are able to meet the Management Team and Board of Directors to discuss progress of the HEARing CRC, their programs and projects. Core Members are not included as each is already represented on the Board of Directors.